Nabbed from genagirl
1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
While reading on the internet, yes, paper books, no. Sunflower seeds.
2. What is your favorite drink while reading?
My favorite drink for everything, Pepsi.
3. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Write in a book? I don't even crease the spines when I am reading them. I work at a library and am constantly pissed off by writing (and food!) in books.
4. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ear? Laying the book flat open?
Bookmarks. Which I always lose. I have a hundred of them (literally) and sometimes can't find any.
5. Fiction, Non-Fiction, or Both?
Mostly fiction. Think I have read about 3 or 4 nonfiction in the past 2 years.
6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I try for a page break or chapter break if there is one available within a page and a half of when I need to stop. Otherwise, I stop at the bottom of a page (and turn my bookmark according to what side of the page I am on.)
7. Are you a person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Nope. I just go to goodreads.com and bitch about it (like I did with the one I just finished, uugh!)
8. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
No. If the word has heavy meaning to the book or a character, maybe, must most the time I don't care enough.
9. What are you currently reading?
I am only a few pages into it, but it is a YA novel called California Blue by David Klass.
10. What is the last book you bought?
For myself...*thinks* I normally use Paperbackswap.com and trade for books rather than buy them. Don't recall buying any this year. I do plan to buy some from K.A. Mitchell if I can find a deal (and some money under the cushions).
11. Are you a person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
One at a time. Any book that sucks enough for me to look at another, I never go back to them.
12. Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
Pretty much anywhere. I like reading in bed before I go to sleep, but that only lasts a few minutes until the cat is on me and wanting to sleep on my chest.
13. Do you prefer series books or stand-alones?
Mainly stand-alones. I have read many series in the past, and I do currently gobble up all of the Alex Cross books as they come out. I don't actively go seeking out one over the other.
14. Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
K.A. Mitchell has impressed me after reading one of her books, so I just started going READ HER!! to people. Others in the past have been Bart Yates (OMFG, he needs to hurry up with his 4th book!!! I've actually e-mailed him to flail a little lol). And there are a few books by Michael Thomas Ford that I have enjoyed.
15. How do you organize your books? By genre, title, author's last name, etc?
I have two bookshelves. The one by my bed has mostly unread books on it (and I have a row of books on my desk which are the next in line to read). And my other shelf has books I have read and ones that I am trading on paperbackswap. The only organization on that one are m/m and books I have signed, and a few collections by fav authors.